Block Institute is dedicated to improving the quality of life for individuals and families of individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
- Leader in Change: We will become the agency others look to when they want to see the future of this field.
- Financial Stability: In order to provide desired services, we must remain in business by being exceptional financial stewards.
- Growth: We will look to build upon what we have, to serve more and to serve better.
- Technology: The improved use of technology by both the people we serve and our employees helps us achieve desired outcomes and achieve them more efficiently.
Our Core Value, from which all others flow, is: The needs and desires of the individuals we serve come first.
- Community: We are not a special segment of our community, we are our community.
Respect: We listen, encourage, acknowledge and appreciate those we serve, and those who serve. We need to ensure competency and empowerment.
- Accountability: If it is to be, it’s up to me.
- Innovation: We don’t want to reinvent the wheel; we want to create its replacement.
- Quality: What we do, we do well.
- Transparency: We strive to be crystal clear about what we do, how we do it and why we do it.